Website Academy Sports + Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth .
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to connect, build rapport and engage with our customers that bond with friends, family, and community through the challenge of sports and outdoor pursuits; bilingual a plus.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals.
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Operate and coach others on the use of POS equipment, symbol and telephone (Cashier Only)
- Writes routine reports and correspondence (Cashier Only)
- Working knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems. (Cashier Only)
- Ability to work flexible schedules such as nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Frequently required to walk, reach, and talk.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Operating POS equipment, symbol, and telephone preferred. (Cashier Only)
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational excellence and expected sales targets. (Cashier Only)
- 4+ years of personal experience with the outdoors hobbies, interests and skill sets; fishing and hunting experience preferred. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- CPR and First Responder certification is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- Loss Prevention or Criminal Justice background is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Company: Academy Sports + Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales, Business Development
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A