Website Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally climb or balance, or stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Management responsibility for the store Operations and actively participates in the personnel decisions of Operations team members, including, but not limited to, employee selection, training, discipline, termination and development.
- Actively participates in floor walks with Regional Vice President, District Manager, and Store Director and creates an implementation plan to make changes based on feedback provided in store walks.
- Audits firearm sales in compliance with federal and state law, including properly completing ATF Form 4473 and conducting background checks, and signs off as final approver.
- Required to complete Firearms Sales Certification training.
- Successful completion of Academy Leadership University.
- Provides supervisory oversight to the team member talent lifecycle including hiring, onboarding, developing and coaching team members.
- Required to learn, understand and enforce company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Adheres to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules applicable to management-level employees.
- Duties may change, and the Operations Manager may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides Operations departmental direction and daily supervisory oversight to Team Leads, Cashiers, Custodians, Asset Protection, Loss Prevention, Inventory Control and Seasonal Team Members to ensure exceptional customer service is the priority of interaction with customers.
- Develops and implements strategy for achieving weekly and monthly operational goals and completing tasks assigned to the store. This includes the development, analysis and implementation of the staffing, training, payroll hours and scheduling of team members.
- Manages workforce productivity, efficiency and process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills; ability to effectively coach team members on store policies, protocols and expectations; leads by example and effectively drives the performance of team members.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business implications of decisions, knowledge of market and competition and an orientation to profitability and established targets.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Must meet federal and state requirements for selling and processing firearms transactions
- Must meet requirements to qualify to obtain/maintain FOID card (Illinois only)
Qualification & Experience:
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated success in leading overall departments of up to 40 people to drive operational excellence and sales targets.
Company: Academy Sports + Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales, Business Development
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A