Website 99 Cents Only Stores
Provide financial reporting, analysis, and decision support to both corporate & divisional departments as well as assist the overall FP& A department with consolidation, reporting, forecasting and analytics. Support the Company’s key ongoing strategic and operational initiatives.
- Play an active role in the continued development of our budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Prepare Actual vs. Budget/Forecast Variance analysis for all functions
- Prepare monthly summary Sales, Gross Profit, Financial Statements, and other required month-end financial reports. Assists with preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial analysis schedules of actual vs. budget variances.
- Provides financial analysis support to various areas of the company.
- Generate financial forecasts of revenue, operating expenses, and capital expenditures and perform budget vs. actual analysis.
- Develops daily store sales plans based on prior-year trends, recent trends, and communication with merchants and senior management.
- Performs tracking and analysis of store performance.
- Provides insightful revenue and expense reporting and analyses on a recurring and ad-hoc basis and enables senior management to make informed decisions.
- Updates forecast in an accurate and timely manner based on information provided by department heads.
- Abide to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Support the monthly close process in partnership with Accounting and FP&A
- Produce financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and help review critical financial decisions.
- Develop product profitability models by creating key performance measures and key drivers of revenue and expenses.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
- Assists with short and long-term financial forecasts.
- Collaborates proactively with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Assists in the annual budgeting process, including store and corporate expenses, capital expenses, and balance sheet items.
- Strong analytical skills, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals in various functional areas and various levels of management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Detail orientation and multi-tasking abilities essential
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills preferred (modeling, VLOOKUP, pivot tables)
- High level of customer service and relationship management, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to think through and analyze problems and summarize results succinctly
- At least 2 years of experience in a rigorous, fast-paced financial analyst capacity in a large organization
Company: 99 Cents Only Stores
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales, Business Development
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A